Carson loved his first Iowa men's basketball game!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Carson's 4th Birthday Party

Well, I now have a four year-old....  Crazy, I know.  For some reason, I think four sounds so much older than three.  Based on how the last few days have gone, I think I'm really going to like four. 

It took me forever to decide what I was going to do for his birthday.  It was the day before Easter, so there was a lot going on that weekend.  After much debate, I decided to go ahead and have his party on his actual birthday.  Carson loved the circus we went to a couple weeks ago so much, so I decided to make "circus" the theme of his party.  We had the party in my grandparents' basement in Keystone and had started decorating for the party four days before.  While we were decorating, Carson went on and on about how "cool" it was.  He kept thanking me and his G'ma as we'd hang each piece.  He took a lot of pride in accomplishing the little tasks we'd give him.  We were turning Papa's basement into a three-ring circus! :)

Carson didn't want to go to the city-wide Easter Egg Hunt the morning of his birthday because he was afraid he was going to miss his party.  Preparing for the party wasn't a lot of work.  I actually found most of the decorations at the Dollar Tree, and what I didn't find there, I made.  The costume store in Cedar Rapids is going out of business, so we found some cute costumes and cheap face paint there.  I think these two things were Carson's favorite part of his party.  G'ma Kae got Carson a cool lion costume the day before his party, that he continues to wear around our house. 

Special thanks to my sister... Emily so kindly decided she'd be a balloon-animal-making clown.  Carson enjoyed helping her get "clowned-up" by handing her each piece of her costume.  However, it was too bad that she used most of her balloons making snakes and other random animals for Carson two weeks before the party.  Who would've guessed there would only be fifteen balloons left to start the party... !  Oh well., Carson enjoyed popping all of them on Monday.  :)  She was also very helpful in keeping the kiddos corralled.  Another special thanks to my mom who helped pick up so much from the costume shop and brought so much to Keystone, so I didn't have to worry about forgetting it.  Let's face it, I was loosing my mind by Friday.  Last, but not least, a HUGE special thanks to my grandma and grandpa.  The party wouldn't have been possible without all of your help or your house!  Thanks so much for letting us have Carson's special day at your house.  You are special, wonderfully amazing people who I love and appreciate very much. 

Thank you to everyone who was able to help us celebrate Carson's special day!  He is a very blessed little boy!


Love them!

Coolest lion ever!!!!

Carson walked away at the perfect time for Emily to get a picture with the cake... ha!

Let the balloon-animal-making begin!

Alicia painted Carson's face with a kit my mom picked up from the costume store.  She did AWESOME!!  He loved it!

After purchasing the pinata, I realized there wouldn't really be a place to hang it.  It worked out really well just laying it on the floor and letting the kids bang on it.  Much better for this age.  Carson said this was his favorite part of his party. 

Cake time! :) 

Carson's idol... Jacob.  Maybe the coolest 7th grader I've ever met.  This picture perfectly describes why Carson loves him so much. 

Carson and Avery playing with the dragon ship from Auntie Em.  Carson would go "visit" this toy EVERY time we went to Target.  He knew that he couldn't take it him, but he still liked to get it off the shelf and play with it in the aisle for a couple minutes.  He has played with this toy soooooooo much since his birthday party.  Definitely taught me a lesson in parenting... He appreciates this toy so much more because I never gave in all of those times he went to visit it at Target. 


As you can see, the party was a success!  Thanks so much to all of those who helped make it so special.  

No comments:

Post a Comment