Carson loved his first Iowa men's basketball game!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Bring it on, Mother Nature!

As I logged on facebook today, I was not at all surprised about all of the posts with this snow storm we're about to get as the topic.  I find it humorous to read everyone's predictions about the weather.  If all of my years working at the pool has taught me anything it's that meteorologists really have no better idea as to what the weather is going to do than we do. 

We've been snowed in while living in Dubuque and didn't mind it a bit.  This will be the first time we've ever been really "snowed in" since we've moved back to Belle Plaine.  Although I'm sure we'll survive, I am thinking it could be a bit more challenging as we don't have cable now and we did in Dubuque.  I'm not saying we'd watch television the whole time, but it was nice for background noise as there isn't any other noise than the two of us... :)  I'm sure I could use this time wisely and do some deep cleaning or organizing.  Ha!  That only gets done when I'm avoiding ten million other tasks.  We've got our groceries, movies, Nerf gun and Candyland ready...  fHopefully this will hold us over until Friday!  I think the only other important thing I forgot to get was gas or the snow blower... :/  Guess I'll be shoveling those 12+ inches of snow.  Not! 

What do you do on a snow day?  I'll take any ideas you've got! 

1 comment:

  1. I take the grandbabies to the warehouse to ride they're tricycles and run around..hide and seek too. Tomorrow he will get to do that!!! Snow days are tough for the little ones with lots of energy!! Glad I have the warehouse.

    ReplyDelete