Carson loved his first Iowa men's basketball game!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

You'll Be In My Heart

As I was tucking Carson into his bed and going through his bedtime routine this evening, he asked if I would sing the "I Love You" song.  I began (with my beautiful voice... HA!) "I love you, always forever..."  He quickly chimed in and said, "No, no the other one."  I immediately knew which one he was talking about, "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins.  He first heard this song on the Tarzan DVD last fall and fell in love with it right away.  For Christmas, he got a Disney Classics CD for the car and this is the first song on the disc.  We listen to it and "Hakuna Matata" every morning on our way to daycare.  I sang him as much as I could remember.  He lovingly thanked me and said, "To the moon, Mommy."

If you haven't heard this song or if it's been awhile, below is a link to a YouTube video of it from the Disney movie, Tarzan.  The lyrics so closely describe the relationship between Carson and me.  All mothers (I hope) feel a unique connection to their children.  Carson and I have had an interesting road, just the two of us.  I am excited to see where it takes us throughout the next year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIVaUcE4kAM

No comments:

Post a Comment