Carson loved his first Iowa men's basketball game!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Disneynature

When I think of Disney movies, my mind automatically travels to The Little Mermaid, The Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Snow White, Cinderella, Lion King, Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, etc.  It was about a year and a half ago, when Carson was just a little over two, that we discovered Disneynature films.  It was around this time that Carson's love for animals began.  I saw this movie, Planet Earth, which was produced by Disney, on the shelf at Target.  After Carson saw the images on the case, he immediately wanted the DVD.  To make a long story short... This DVD now skips because it's been watched and traveled with so much.  Oceans is the most recent Disneynature release.  Although I have not purchased that one yet, I hear it is great.  I'm thinking I'll probably need to make it a birthday gift.

On Earth Day this year, April 22, 2011, Disneynature will release it's next film, African Cats.  Below is a link to the official trailer for the film.  It literally gave me goose bumps the first time I saw it... back in September.  We have been and continue to wait for this film to come.  It will be the highlight of Carson's birthday weekend (other than celebrating the resurrection of Jesus).  Carson can't stop talking about how great the preview was; I can hardly wait until he sees the entire movie. 

As most of you know, I am not an animal person.  I've never had a pet in my life, and I don't mind if it stays that way forever.  Carson's passion for animals has given me a new perspective on how extraordinary they really are.  These films have also really helped me find a new respect for the amazingly complex planet we all live on.  The message in African Cats is clear.  "Every mother has one mission.  Protect her family."  If this type of movie isn't really your thing, please, at least give the preview a chance.  It wasn't really mine until I took the time to watch and listen to the first one. 

Check it out!  Enjoy!
http://disney.go.com/disneynature/africancats/?cmp=dmov_dpic_nature_ac_url_dcomafricancats

No comments:

Post a Comment